Voter Registrar & Election Commissioner
The County Auditor serves as Voter Registrar and Commissioner of Elections. The Auditor conducts all federal, state, and local elections, including city, school elections, as well as special elections.
Conducting elections includes:
- Maintaining and updating the voter registration database for all registered voters
- Ordering election supplies
- Preparing ballots and/or programming of voting equipment
- Recruiting and training precinct election officials
Register to Vote
To vote in Iowa, you must be registered to vote. If you are not sure if you are registered to vote, call the Auditor's Office at 641-939-8108 or visit Am I Registered to Vote in Iowa?.
Voter Registration Form
You can download a voter registration form and get additional information about the process by visiting the Secretary of State's Voter Registration page.
Iowa's New ID Requirements
When do voters start showing ID at the polls?
During 2018, registered voters will be asked to show their ID before voting at the polls. Anyone who does not have their ID will be asked to sign an oath verifying their identity and will be allowed to cast a regular ballot.
Beginning January 1, 2019, Iowa voters will be required to show a driver's license, non-operator's ID, passport, military ID, veterans ID, or voter ID card at the polls before they vote. Voters without an ID may cast a provisional ballot or have another registered voter attest to their identification.
An ID is required for absentee ballots.
- Hardin County Precinct Map (Online)
- Hardin County Primary and General Election Precinct Map (PDF)
- City Election Precinct Map (PDF)
- Iowa Falls Primary and General Election Precinct Map (PDF)
- School Election Precinct Map (PDF) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Iowa House of Representatives District 49 - southern Hardin County (PDF)
- Iowa House of Representatives District 50 - northern Hardin County (PDF)
- Iowa Senate District 25 (PDF)
- US Congressional District 4 (PDF)
- Judicial District 2 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>