Account Creation - Manage profile settings
random image

Back To: Hardin County | Your Government | Roadside Vegetation | Contact County Weed Commissioner

Contact County Weed Commissioner

Navigation Roadside Vegetation
Banner Banner-Images/Doc.jpg
Contact County Weed Commissioner
Department Roadside Vegetation
Parent Page Roadside Vegetation
Internal Department No content items.

Every county in Iowa has a weed commissioner to oversee that County’s noxious weed control program. The Hardin County Weed Commissioner is located at:

708 16th St
Eldora, IA 50627
Phone 641-858-5058

If you wish to file a weed complaint, weed complaints will be handled as follows:

The complaint will not have to be signed and may be phoned in at the number above. State the weed species in question, the legal description of the property, the location of the weeds on the property, the owners of the land, and the tenants or persons in control of the land. Forms are available at the Weed Commissioner’s office and will be mailed on request.

Iowa’s noxious weed law also prohibits the sale and distribution of purple loosestrife (Lythrum salicaria). This weed is also prohibited by Iowa’s Aquatic Invasive Species Law along with European wand loosestrife (Lythrum virgatum).

Purple Loosestrife
European Wand LoosestrifeContactCountyWeedCommissioner2.jfif
Team Member Paul Martin -

Contact Us

Roadside Vegetation Office

Physical Address

708 16th St.
Eldora, IA 50627

Mailing Address

1215 Edgington Ave Suite 1
Eldora, IA 50627

Phone: 641-858-5058

Fax: 641-858-3182


Monday - Friday
07:00 AM - 03:00 PM


Paul Martin

Roadside Vegetation Specialist; Weed Commissioner


Phone : (641) 858-5058