- Adult Inmates By Appointment
- Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- Female Inmates 8:30 - 11:00 a.m.
- Male Inmates 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Juvenile Inmates may receive adult visitors
- Monday - Friday by appointment
- 6 - 8 p.m.
Visitation Eligibility & Rules
- Inmates not under disciplinary action are allowed to receive visitors during the scheduled times appropriate to their age and/or gender.
- Each registered visitor may have 30 minutes.
- Visits are for one person and each inmate may have up to one visit a day
- Visitors may not register more than once each day.
- Visitors under the age of 18 years old may only visit inmates in his or her immediate family and must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Visitation Policy Reminders
These policies are to be strictly enforced with no exceptions:
- All visitors are subject to search.
- All visitors must produce picture identification. You must produce identification each time you intend to visit.
- Be prepared to encounter an officer or receptionist that is not familiar with you. If you fail to produce such identification, your visit will be denied.
- For security reasons, you must be certain of public visitation times. There are no special or nonscheduled visits allowed.
- No Smoking. The Hardin County Law Enforcement is a smoke-free facility as required by Iowa Law.
- Visitation may be denied due to refusal of either requirement.
- Visitation may be terminated at any time for security reasons.
- Finally, all other provisions of the visitation policy remain in effect.
Visitor Dress Code
This visitor dress code is as required by federal standards:
- Shorts and skirts shall cover areas of the anatomy customarily covered to include the buttocks and crotch area, both standing and sitting.
- Shorts and skirts shall be no shorter than mid-thigh both standing and sitting.
- No sheer or see-through clothing, gang-related "colors," or any clothing top that is strapless so as to expose the chest or midriff is allowed.
- Tube tops and swim suits are prohibited.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
No visitor will be allowed to visit unless properly dressed.
Special Visitation Policy for Privileged, Service, or Clergy Visits
Attorneys, Clergy, or persons providing services to the inmates may be allowed to visit at reasonable hours as long as security and daily routine are not interrupted.
- Attorneys are required to possess and may be required to show their bar card or acceptable proof of profession prior to admission.
- Clergy members not associated with the Pine Lake Ministerial Association are required to visit in the attorney area or public visitation.
- All service members are required to register prior to each visit.
You may always call ahead to reserve time to speak with a detainee to ensure prompt attention.