Account Creation - Manage profile settings

Frequently Asked Questions

Veterans Affairs

If you were a resident of Iowa at the time of your discharge, you may contact the Iowa Department of Veteran Affairs at 800-838-4692 to find out if it’s on file and request a copy. If you were a resident of another state you will have to contact that state’s Department of Veterans Affairs.

If you have ever filed a copy of your DD214 at the Hardin County Offices, you can request a copy of your DD214 from the County Veteran Affairs or Recorder Offices:
- The Recorders Office can be reached at 641-939-8178. If you filed in another county you can contact those county offices.
- The Veteran Affairs office can be reached at 641-939-8240 or by email.

Information about the Iowa Veterans Home, located in Marshalltown, Iowa, can be found online on the Iowa Veterans Home website.