Account Creation - Manage profile settings

Frequently Asked Questions

Real Estate

The Auditor’s Office has property transfer books dating back to the 1850s. The information shown in the books are the grantor and grantee names, dates, legal description and recorded document type and book and page number. This information is only for property in Hardin County.

Under most circumstances, the ownership cannot change without a recorded document. See your local attorney to prepare a deed for you.

The county can also assist with the document recording requirements through the Hardin County Recorder's Office.