Does Hardin County have floodplain maps?
Yes. Official Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Flood Insurance Rate Maps can be found in the Zoning Administrator's Office in the Hardin County Courthouse located at:
1215 Edgington Avenue
Eldora, IA 50627

There are certain restrictions when building in the floodplain. For more information, access the Hardin County Floodplain Management Ordinance (PDF).

Show All Answers

1. What permits are needed when building a new house?
2. What do I need to obtain a driveway permit?
3. Do I need a permit to build a structure other than a home?
4. Are there inspections required when building?
5. What is the minimum acreage required for building?
6. Does Hardin County have floodplain maps?
7. How do I get a 911 Address?