How do I apply for a Permit to Acquire?
You must apply in person at the Hardin County Sheriff's Office for a Permit to Acquire, also referred to as a “Permit to Purchase.”

The Sheriff's Offices is located at 1116 14th Avenue in Eldora, Iowa.

You have to be able to show current photo identification that you are 21 years of age or older.

Finally, you must fill out an application form in the Sheriff's Office and pass the required National Instant Background Check System check to be eligible for a Permit to Acquire.Weapons Permit Information...

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a Permit to Acquire?
2. How much does a Permit to Acquire cost?
3. How long is a Permit to Acquire good for?
4. How long does it take to receive my Permit to Acquire?