Reneé McClellan was raised on a farm east of Eldora in Grundy County and attended the Wellsburg Community School until her junior year. She then transferred and graduated from Eldora Community School. Renee has one daughter and three grandsons.
Hardin County Work
Reneé began her employment with Hardin County with the Treasurer's Office in January 1976. She remained there until she ran for County Auditor in 1988, winning the General Election by only 8 votes. Reneé retired from that position in August 2013. She worked part-time in the Recorder's Office, while also running for County Supervisor in 2014.
Board & Commission Service
Reneé currently serves on a number of Boards and Commissions in Hardin County, including:
- Decategorization Board
- Emergency Management
- E-911 Board Representative
- Hardin County EMS Council Alternate
- Iowa River Trail - Hardin Commission
- Juvenile Detention Center Alternate
- Mid-Iowa Community Action
- Second Judicial District Board of Directors
- Senior Issues Alternate