Bessman Kemp Cabins
Reservations are managed by Bessman Kemp Park Hosts.
Call Hardin County Headquarters for Park Host contact information or visit the Park Host's on-site.
Hardin County Conservation's Eagle Nest and Fisherman’s Bend Cabin is located within Bessman-Kemp Park just outside of Alden, IA. The Iowa River flows alongside this campground, making it a hotspot for fishing and kayaking.
Location: In a rural setting, just outside of town, these cabins are recent additions to our Bessman-Kemp Campground at 12260 EE Ave, Alden, IA, 50006.
Amenities: The cabins feature a queen-sized bed, a new sleeper sofa that converts into a full-sized bed, air conditioning, and a kitchenette. The cabin lot features a picnic table alongside a large fire ring, with plenty of parking space. The Iowa River flows peacefully just across the drive from this facility.
On-site resident host
Table with chairs
Renter will need to bring:
- Food and beverage supplies
Fees: Cabin rentals are $35 per night (plus 5% tax). This facility requires an additional security deposit check of $100 (refundable).
The deposit will be returned or shredded if the cabin and grounds are vacated in good, clean condition and their or no damages. All or part of the deposit may be retained against cleanup costs, damages, or losses incurred. If the deposit amount does not cover such costs, the renter is held responsible for additional payment.
Hours of Operation & Seasons:
- The cabins are available for rent between April and October each year.
- Check-in time is after 4:00 pm on the day of arrival.
- Check-out time is before 11:00 am on the day of departure.
Closures: Any facility closures will be noted.
Rental Rules and Conditions:
- All rules and regulations of the Hardin County Conservation Board are in effect.
- All laws of the State of Iowa are in effect.
- Smoking and Pets are prohibited inside the cabin.
- Keg Beer is prohibited.
- Clean-up of the cabin must be completed prior to check out. See Cabin Cleaning Checklist for cleaning expectations. (Cabin Cleaning Checklist can be found under Related Items at the bottom of this page.)
- See Cabin Rules & Rental Agreement for a list of all cabin rules. (Cabin Rules & Rental Agreement can be found under Related Items at the bottom of this page.)
*Hardin County Conservation is not responsible for renter’s lost, stolen and missing personal items.