Daisy Long Memorial Park Cabin
Daisy Long Cabin
Daisy Long Cabin
Daisy Long Cabin, Sleeping Area
Daisy Long Cabin, Kitchen
Reservations are managed by Daisy Long Park Hosts.
Call Hardin County Headquarters for Park Host contact information or visit the Park Host's on-site.
Daisy Long Memorial Park is located one mile east of Union, Iowa. As one of Hardin County's most treasured parks, this is the original site of the first water powered grist mill built in 1856 with some of the old foundation remaining. This unique area offers camping, fishing, and picnicking. It's the perfect location for family outings, featuring this cabin for reservation, a park shelter, and a public restroom facility.
Location: Daisy Long Park is located at 33671-D65, Union, Iowa, one mile east of Union, turn left on D65, 1/8th of a mile.
Amenities: The Daisy Long Cabin currently features two full sized beds (bedding not provided), air conditioning, and a kitchenette. The cabin's kitchen features updated appliances such as a refrigerator, microwave, toaster, and an electric coffee maker. This cabin makes for the perfect rural getaway with sleeping and dining capacity for up to six. Outside of the cabin is a picnic table, fire ring, and a scenic view of the Iowa River. Located near the cabin is a boat ramp, public park shelter, men's and women's shower facilities, and a playground. A park host is available during the operating season.
On-site resident host
Table with chairs
Renter will need to bring:
- Complete bedding with pillows, sheets, blankets, and/or sleeping bags
- All kitchen and bath linens
- Food and beverage supplies
- Lawn chairs
- Firewood available locally - no firewood from outside of Hardin County.
- Cleaning tools and supplies
- Dishes, silverware, pots, pans, potholders, coffee pot, & toaster
- Trash cans and bags
Fees: Cabin rentals are $50 per night (plus 6% tax). This facility requires an additional security deposit check of $50 (refundable).
The deposit will be returned or shredded if the cabin and grounds are vacated in good, clean condition and their or no damages. All or part of the deposit may be retained against cleanup costs, damages, or losses incurred. If the deposit amount does not cover such costs, the renter is held responsible for additional payment.
Hours of Operation & Seasons: Daisy Long Cabin is available for rent between April and October each year.
- Check-in time is after 4:00 pm on the day of arrival.
- Check-out time is before 11:00 am on the day of departure.
Closures: Any facility closures will be noted.
Rental Rules and Conditions:
- All rules and regulations of the Hardin County Conservation Board are in effect.
- All laws of the State of Iowa are in effect.
- Smoking and pets are prohibited inside the cabin.
- Keg beer is prohibited.
- Clean-up of the cabin must be completed prior to check out. See Cabin Cleaning Checklist for cleaning expectations.
- See Cabin Rules & Rental Agreement for a list of all cabin rules.
*Hardin County Conservation is not responsible for renter’s lost, stolen, or missing personal items.