If you’re looking for a place to get away for the weekend or even during the week, but you don’t want to drive for eight hours, you need to check out the log cabins at Tower Rock Park near Steamboat Rock, Iowa. They come furnished with everything except your groceries, bedding, toiletries and towels. One stop at the store and you’re set for a relaxing weekend on the Iowa River!
There are two cabins situated along the Iowa River to choose from - Oak Cabin or Hickory Cabin. These cabins are right next to each other and share parking. Both cabins offer an open living area with kitchen, covered front porch, bedroom, and full bathroom.
Located less than a 1/4 mile south of Steamboat Rock on Co Hwy S56, at Tower Rock. The county property begins 1/20th of a mile west and features 1/2 mile of river frontage. Hickory Cabin and Oak Cabin are located along the Hardin County Bike Trail, up the hill from the Iowa River.
Hickory Cabin at Tower Rock is handicap accessible with one bedroom, full bathroom, open living area with kitchen and dining room table, covered front porch, and deck on back. This cabin sleeps 4 people easily, with a maximum occupancy of 6 people. The bedroom has a queen bed and storage space. The couch in the living area converts to a full bed. The cabin is also equipped with a toaster, coffee maker, microwave, stove/oven, refrigerator, pots and pans, utensils, silverware, dishes, heat/air conditioning, and cleaning supplies.
- ADA accessible
- Sleeps 4 comfortably, 6 maximum
- Bedroom with queen bed
- Couch converts to full bed
- Handicap accessible shower and bathroom
- Covered front porch
- Back deck
- Full kitchen area with stove, oven, microwave, and refrigerator
- Heat and air conditioning
- Coffee pot
- Cleaning supplies
- Broom/dust pan
- Trash can and bags
- Fire ring
- Picnic table
Renter Will Need To Bring:
- Complete bedding with pillows, sheets, blankets and/or sleeping bags (1 queen, 1 full)
- Dish towels and soap
- Bath towels and soap
- Food and beverage supplies
- Lawn chairs
- Cabin rentals are $82 per night, 2 consecutive night minimum reservation.
- $574 for a full week (7 consecutive days).
- Maximum stay of 14 days.
- $4 NON-REFUNDABLE processing fee will be added to each cabin rental at the time payment is submitted.
- Three-night minimum for Memorial Day Weekend, 4th of July, and Labor Day Weekend
This facility requires an additional deposit check of $250 (refundable). The deposit check must be mailed and received at Hardin County Conservation Headquarters within 30 days of the reservation arrival date.
Hardin County Conservation Headquarters
15537 S Ave
Ackley, IA 50601
Deposits for reservations made shorter than 30 days in advance of the cabin stay will be arranged with Conservation Staff.
The deposit will be returned if you cancel the reservation or if the cabin and grounds are vacated in good, clean condition and equipment/furnishings not lost or damaged. All or part of the deposit may be retained against cleanup costs, damage, or loss incurred. If the deposit amount does not cover such costs, the renter is held responsible for additional payment.
The check will be shredded if the cabin is in satisfactory condition.
Hours Operation & Seasons
- Hickory Cabin is available for reservation January 1st through December 31st
- Reservations must be at least 3 days prior to stay and may be up to two years in advance
- Check-in time is after 4:00 pm on the day of arrival
- Check-out time is before 11:00 am on the day of departure
- Open year round.
- All rules and regulations of the Hardin County Conservation Board are in effect.
- All laws of the State of Iowa are in effect.
- Smoking and Pets are prohibited inside the cabin.
- Keg Beer is prohibited.
- Cabin furniture must remain inside the cabin.
- Clean-up of the cabin must be completed prior to check out.