One Stop Permit
Drivers transporting a load along any Hardin County road must submit a One Stop Permit Application to the Hardin County Engineer's Office if the load being transported is greater than 80,000 pounds and/or whose vehicle dimensions exceed:
One Stop Permit Application (PDF)
- Width: 8 feet 6 inches
- Height: 13 feet 6 inches
- 45-foot single vehicle
- 53-foot semitrailer, loaded or empty
- 57-foot lowboy trailers used exclusively for the transportation of construction equipment
The Engineer's Office will examine the proposed route to see if it traverses any embargoed or closed bridges. Should drivers need to re-route, the Engineer's Office will assist them.
One Stop Permit Costs & Duration
- Single Trip Permits cost $35 and are valid for 5 days.
- Round Trip Permits cost $70 and are valid for 5 days.
- Annual Oversize Trip Permits are $50 and are valid 12 months from the month issued.
- Annual Overweight Trip Permits are $400.00 and are valid 12 months from the month issued.